HOURS: 32.5 per week (Term time only)
STARTING SALARY: £18,065-£19,945 p.a. (Pro rata) (pay award pending)
Employed By: Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust
Based at: Washwood Heath Academy, Burney Lane, Stechford, Birmingham, B8 2AS.
Washwood Heath Academy is a rapidly improving and vibrant “good” school (OfSted 2016) which serves a multi-ethnic community and is proud of the achievements of its students.
We offer students a wide range of support to enable them to succeed. As part of our commitment to help students achieve the best possible results, we are looking for a committed and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking and committed team of professionals. A GCSE, grade C or above, in English and Math is essential when applying for this post, as is a Level 2 Teaching Qualification Experience of working to support young people with additional needs and the ability to speak another language is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for an inspirational individual who can have a significant impact on our journey of improvement. The ideal candidate should have a positive approach to challenge and change, and be a flexible team player. They should be passionate about making a difference to the lives of students with a range of needs and dedicated to maximising student’s achievement; have high expectations of behaviour and learning ensuring that every child reaches their full potential and a positive approach to challenge and change.
We will offer you:
• A happy and caring ethos.
• A supportive team across Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust.
• Opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across the trust.
• Enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life.
• A hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
• A culture of support for all staff
• MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and
• research based school improvement initiatives
• Access to an employee support hub (confidential counselling).
• Access to generous pension scheme (TPS)
• On-site parking
So - can you motivate and inspire young people? Are you an excellent communicator who can work on your own initiative to develop relationships with teachers, families and students in order to help them improve their exam results? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 a.m. Friday 25th September 2020.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DSB check is required for all successful applicants.
Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) covers this post and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.